Production ManagerEast Kilbride, United Kingdom Supply Chain 20/11/2023 90455
Production Manager - East Kilbride
Annual performance related pay bonus + Share scheme + Competitive pension contributions + Laundered uniform + All safety equipment provided + Subsidised canteen on-site + Free hot and cold drinks + Free parking + Excellent parental benefits
What you become part of:
East Kilbride Operations produce 37 million raw cases of drinks per year across their 6 production lines - 2 glass bottle, 2 PET bottle (plastic) and 2 pouch lines This is the only site in GB that produces our Appletiser products in glass. East Kilbride leads GB in Continuous Improvement.
What to expect:
Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, you will lead a team of shift managers across multiple manufacturing disciplines to ensure the successful operation of the site. Your key priority will be ensuring that we meet our customers’ expectations by producing Coca-Cola’s world class brand through effective execution. You will be responsible for high speed & world class efficiency manufacturing lines. Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver high standards of GMP (Good Manufacturing practices), in line with the Coca-Cola Operating Requirements (KORE)
- Manage the sites labour budget by operating to the core manning levels at all times and reducing cost wherever possible
- Collaborate with QESH to deliver and improve the site’s Quality, Environment, Health and Safety standards
- Execution of the legal requirements for product safety, quality, environment and people are met and improved
- Grow, develop and engage your team via our performance management processes including developing a pipeline of talent for the future
- Full accountability for delivering line utilisation targets and production schedules
- Having the commercial understanding to create and control the budget and ensure all available resources are utilized
- Control, reduce and improve line wastage, raw materials and syrup usage
- Improve and embed operational excellence through effective site routines, with a huge focus on data driven decisions
- Effectively execute the maintenance plan and control all planned and unplanned events to optimise line performance and production cost through shift management teams
- Create a culture of safety by guiding and leading safe working practices
- Lead by example demonstrating and applying Continuous Improvement behaviour at all times
Skills & Essentials:
- Degree qualified in a Technical Discipline relevant to the soft drinks industry.
- Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence experience essential.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and 6 Sigma Black Belt desired.
- Highly Analytical and Self-critical.
- A modern, contemporary manager who can demonstrate leadership of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Passionate about leading positive change and creating an environment where the teams challenge the status quo.
- A strategic thinker who can implement strategic plans into operational routines.
- Ability to make critical decisions within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP is advantageous but not essential.
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. We’re a dedicated team of 33,200 people, serving 2 million customers in 29 countries. We make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands - including Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Sprite®, Costa Coffee® and Monster®. We’ve also expanded into alcohol with ready to drink Jack Daniel’s and Coca-Cola. We want a workforce that is as diverse as our products – with a culture that fosters belonging and inclusivity.
From gender, age and ethnicity to sexual orientation and different abilities, we welcome people from all walks of life and empower unique perspectives. We recognise we’ve got some way to go, but we’ll get there with the support of our people. It’s them who drive our future growth. To find out more about what it’s like to work at and our culture we would welcome you to speak to one of our employees on our live chat platform, just click here to speak to an insider.
We recognise some people prefer not to participate in alcohol related sales, interactions, or promotions. If that’s true for you – please raise this with your talent acquisition contact who will advise you on whether this role includes activities related to our alcohol portfolio.