Associate Director - Sustainable Packaging, Pan EUBruxelles (Anderlecht), Belgique; Sofia, Bulgarie; , Allemagne; Paris, France; Reykjavik, Islande; Skårer, Norvège; Lisbonne, Portugal; Madrid, Espagne; Barcelone, Espagne; Stockholm, Suède; Rotterdam, Pays-Bas; Uxbridge, Royaume-Uni Communication & Public Affairs 23/02/2024 92480
What you become part of:
The purpose of this role is to drive sustainability – with a focus on packaging - in the most efficient and effective way into the heart of our day-to-day operations across our markets, ensuring that sustainability is embedded into everything we do – ensuring that the actions undertaken at market level are fully aligned with our central sustainability strategy and our external facing commitments and targets and work to maximize efficiencies and synergies across different sustainability topics.
You will play a pivotal role in engaging our local leadership teams in our sustainability agenda, working to establish and oversee sustainability governance & drive accountability for delivery of our sustainability commitments at a local level. The person will provide strong project management to ensure full co-ordination and alignment across our markets to ensure delivery against agreed CCEP-wide sustainability strategy in a coordinated fashion.
Working in close coordination with our sustainability subject matter experts, the person will support BUs and markets to build long-term delivery roadmaps on key sustainable packaging topics (e.g. Future Packaging Mix, Strategy for sustainable packaging & collection), ensuring full alignment and co-ordination with TCCC at OU level.
You will play a key role in supporting our markets & functions to share best practice and integrate sustainability into our commercial execution & customer strategy.
The role will work closely alongside those providing subject matter expertise and thought leadership within the central sustainability team on key topics focused, but not limited to packaging.
What to expect:
• Work closely with Director, Sustainable Packaging to drive and coordinate the development of future pack-mix work at market-level in alignment with CCEP-wide North Star vision. Incl. support the BU’s with deepdives on refillable and/or Packageless solutions
• Work together with the sustainability team to develop the long term sustainable packaging strategy & support the markets to implement that sustainable packaging vision. Build knowledge on product carbon footprints, ensuring full understanding and awareness of product LCAs
– for example by supporting the development of local business cases for sustainable packaging to ensure future business growth is supporting the achievement of our sustainability goals.
• Transfer best practices across markets. Develop ongoing learning platform for best-practice sharing.
• Support delivery of the sustainable packaging roadmaps at market level – with focus on bridging the gap between centrally driven initiatives (e.g.,collection, 2nd packaging initiatives, rPET journey, …); and local rollout.
• Drive alignment with commercial teams and key customers on packaging – including the coordination of dispense and refillable packaging pilots at local level, ensuring alignment with CCEP-wide strategy.
• Ownership of company-wide decarbonization roadmaps related to packaging; in line with CCEP ABP/LRP and CAPEX planning cycles; including tracking and reporting CCEP progress against volume growth, pack mix, and centrally driven initiatives; working in conjunction with colleagues in QESH, E&T, Finance and Procurement and BU sustainability leads.
• Work with Procurement and Supply Chain to build long-term roadmap on achieving the agreed Sustainable packaging goals & strategy.
• Support and accelerate development of country roadmaps on 100% Collection – including forecasting of collection rates, DRS advocacy, keeping tracking of cost, areas of efficiencies and deviations vs targets. Embed 100% collection as metric into commercial routines – including ABP / LRP.
• Monitor collection data by market, adapting it to local realities and building a trustable data source in all regions. Support and forecast country roadmaps to 100% recycled content (PET, Glass and Alu), continuing working with Technical and Procurement to align allocation and gaps.
• Build sustainable packaging scorecard and sustainable packaging country data to support decision making and corporate level reporting.
• Establish and support central governance on, sustainable packaging to ensure alignment across markets, maintain company-wide visibility of progress and support strategic decision making.
• Drive/Support market-level discussions with GMs and local LTs on packaging and collection related issues.
• Ensure sustainability metrics (e.g. This is forward KPI’s around packaging) are reported consistently and accurately across markets, and are used to support GM and LT decision making.
Skills and Essentials:
• Depth of experience in Sustainability and Packaging
• Strong project management experience required. Track record of cross country working experience and experience on collaborating with local business leadership teams.
• Understands local business requirements and CCEP-wide sustainability commitments and targets.
• Knowledge on product LCA’s (Carbon, Water) and/or Collection systems is a plus point.
• Strong communications and influencing skills with a strategic vision.
• Experience of working in complex matrix environment.
• Degree or equivalent
Please apply with a copy of your CV in English.
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. With a dedicated team of 33,200 people, serving customers in 29 countries, we make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 600 million people, including Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®. And we want a workforce as diverse as our products – with a culture that fosters belonging and inclusivity. One that enables everyone to be themselves, whatever their background or experience. From gender, age and ethnicity to sexual orientation and different abilities, we welcome people from all walks of life and empower unique perspectives. We recognize we’ve got some way to go, but we’ll get there with the support of our people. It’s them who drive our future growth.