Associate Director, Business Analytics, Senior Data Scientist
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
What is Coca Cola European Partners?
CCEP is the major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, we make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®.
We've got ambitious plans to grow at CCEP, with digital and data at the heart of that. But everyone says that, right? Digital is ingrained in our strategy - not separate to it and we'll only invest where it can deliver the biggest benefit to our customers, our people and our business.
What does the Business Analytics Senior Data Scientist do?
The Business Analytics Senior Data Scientist generates sound strategic insights from multiple, often complex raw data feeds, using expert understanding of analytical and statistical data analysis techniques. Owning the cross geography analytics solutions for his/her areas of domain expertise s/he is accountable for modelling algorithms that will inform key Business questions and optimise Business performance. As a member of the Business Analytics Leadership Team s/he is accountable for the development of other data scientists within the team and for the performance of our third party partners. S/he provide thought leadership to ensure that analytics solutions are robust, scalable, adhere to standards and deliver upon the needs of the Business. S/he will conceive emerging trends in data science and analytics and will identify opportunities to drive company results through an evolution of the analytics solutions developed.
On a typical day you could be…
- Defining and owning the analytics product roadmap for your areas of domain expertise
- Building analytical models to generate insight, recognise patterns and predict behaviour
- Applying statistical and advanced analytical techniques to optimise and improve business performance
- Providing leadership in the training and coaching of other data scientists
- Driving the use of self-service analytics through active leadership across Business users
- Acting as an Analytical “Product Champion”, focusing on maximising the value created from his/her suite of Analytical Products
- Selecting the right people to his/her development crews (a mix of internal and external experts as required) in order to develop analytics solutions
- Driving performance from our analytics partner ecosystem
- Taking accountability for the solution delivery and quality of the outcomes from the Agile Develop Analytics Routines
- Acting as an coach who helps crews excel and improve their way of working, promoting continuous learning and shared experience across the community
- Working closely with the Spoke Analytics Lead to translate business questions into tangible Business Cases and ultimately into Pilots and Analytical Products
- Articulating the key insights and value that has been derived from the analytics solution
- Maintaining and improving predictive models
- Driving the evolution of Data Science through exploration of innovations
- Establishing connections with other leads in the field of data science and analytics across other organisations and academic institutions
You can demonstrate experience in some of the following…
- Expertise in building and delivering complex algorithms that drive the insights required to impact Business performance
- Experience in defining and delivering an analytics solution roadmap in one or more domain (Category, Customer, Supply Chain or Workplace)
- Expertise in the agile delivery of data science products and solutions in one or more domain (Category, Customer, Supply Chain or Workplace)
- The ability to successfully translate business questions into tangible Analytical Solutions
- Track record of putting together teams of data scientists to deliver insights from data modelling
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, including the ability to convey strategic vision, complex solutions and key insights linked to Business value
- Ideally experience of FMCG analytical themes
You or others consider yourself a…
Leader in the field of data science. You have successfully defined and delivered complex analytics solutions, the insights from which have delivered significant value to your organisation. You are an evangelist for a data driven mind-set and have a passion for supporting others to embrace this capability. You are committed to exploring new methodologies and techniques to drive continual value for the organisation. You enjoy working in an agile environment with the flexibility to make the right choices to succeed in delivering the best outcome for the Business. With an in-depth knowledge of data science methodologies and tools you are an expert in leading data scientists to build the solutions that will enable greatest value to the Business. You are curious and keen to expand your network to remain on the cusp of what’s next in data science and you thrive on delivering smart solutions to difficult problems, believing that anything’s possible when great minds work together.