How have we adapted?
Find out more about how CCEP Bulgaria have adapted their recruitment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Are you looking for new challenges and personal growth within Coca-Cola Europacific Partners? Then we have a great opportunity for you.
The Planning and Performance Management (PPM) Centre of Expertise (CoE) was set up in Sofia, Bulgaria in the summer of 2015.
The aim of the CoE is to support the business and be known internally as a value creator through outstanding service and financial expertise. There is a strong service oriented culture to build and maintain the reputation of the CoE.
The Centre comprises of a team of analysts who perform controlling activities to support all business units, supervised by managers leading each of the key reporting areas and is key in enabling effective decision support. The team is responsible for delivering timely and quality management reporting to support business decisions.
The CoE team comprises of several areas of expertise. These are: Sales & Margin, FP&A, Group Reporting, Supply Chain and Operational Excellence. This role provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience across a number of Sales & Margin reporting activities; team members will provide back-up and resilience across all areas.
Sales & Margin analyst in the CoE will provide support to the country Commercial teams across the following streams:
• Customer/ Channel
• Marketing Finance
The analyst will interact on regular basis with BU Finance teams majorly, but not limited to. They will also provide support to Sales, RGM, Marketing, Demand Planning, FP&A teams within the BU of responsibility. In addition, the analysts will be in constant contact and collaboration with the Master Data team, RTR, OTC (and other within the Shared Service Centre).
Sales and Margin Reporting
• Amend existing reports and create new reports through manipulation of data in Excel, Tableau and Power BI or using other system
• Prepare reports based on request from the stakeholders (respective BU) in an accurate and timely manner
• Provide ad hoc reporting & analysis
• Provide data and analytical input to support business planning initiatives
• Analyze data through reports and provide initial commentary on performance
• Support analysis of historical trends for the purposes of specific reporting requests, utilizing analytics to drive continuous improvement
• Support the finance processes for the respective BU of responsibility – month-end closing, forecast, weekly and daily reporting (where applicable)
• Present information in a coherent and logical way
• Pro-actively searches opportunities for reporting standardization and simplification within his / her area of expertise
• Continuously drive process improvement
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the CoE and across the Business Units as required to support the execution of reporting activities
• Share knowledge with other analysts to support continuous improvement and development;
• Fluent in English
• French will be considered as an advantage
• Degree level education in Business Studies, Finance or Accounting (Ideal, not essential)
• Post-qualification degree (ACA-CIMA/ACMA/ACCA) – ideal, but not essential
• Good understanding of financial systems & processes
• ERP experience, preferably SAP (BO, PR1, BW)
• Understand the commercial environment and needs of the business and relevant stakeholders
• Understand financial requirements and potential impacts of proposed initiatives and projects
• Provide relevant data accurately and in a timely manner
• Contribute to problem identification
• Structure large amounts of data into clear and concise (management) reports. Analyse financial reports (variance analysis, competitor analysis, etc.). Identify drivers, issues or unusual items
• MS Office, especially SharePoint, PowerPoint & Excel, (including pivot tables, charts etc.)
• Experience using Tableau and or Power BI (Ideal, but not essential)
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills and can-do attitude
• Responsibility and accountability
• Ability to work independently under pressure and meeting deadlines
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. With a dedicated team of 33,200 people, serving customers in 29 countries, we make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 600 million people, including Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®. And we want a workforce as diverse as our products – with a culture that fosters belonging and inclusivity. One that enables everyone to be themselves, whatever their background or experience. From gender, age and ethnicity to sexual orientation and different abilities, we welcome people from all walks of life and empower unique perspectives. We recognize we’ve got some way to go, but we’ll get there with the support of our people. It’s them who drive our future growth.