How have we adapted?
Find out more about how CCEP Bulgaria have adapted their recruitment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Are you looking for new challenges and personal growth within Coca-Cola Europacific Partners? Then we have a great opportunity for you.
The Planning and Performance Management (PPM) Centre of Expertise (CoE) was set up in Sofia, Bulgaria in the summer of 2015.
The aim of the CoE is to support the business and be known internally as a value creator through outstanding service and financial expertise. There is a strong service oriented culture to build and maintain the reputation of the CoE.
The Centre comprises of a team of analysts who perform controlling activities to support all business units, supervised by managers leading each of the key reporting areas and is key in enabling effective decision support. The team is responsible for delivering timely and quality management reporting to support business decisions.
The CoE team comprises of several areas of expertise. These are: Sales & Margin, FP&A, Group Reporting, Supply Chain and Operational Excellence. This role provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience across a number of Sales & Margin reporting activities; team members will provide back-up and resilience across all areas.
This role provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience across a number of Sales & Margin reporting activities; team members will provide back-up and resilience across all areas.
PPM Finance in the CoE will provide support to the country Finance and Commercial teams and reports to the Sales & Margin Manager. They will provide support across the following streams:
The pool of FP&A/S&M analysts in the CoE will provide support to the Finance and Sales and marketing teams in the countries. They will provide support across the following activities:
• Regular daily/weekly/monthly reporting of volume, financials and KPIs
• Tracking and supporting closing, forecasting and budgeting activities
The analyst will interact on regular basis with BU Finance teams majorly, but not limited to. They will also provide support to Sale FP&A, RGM, Marketing, Demand Planning teams within the BU of responsibility. In addition, the analysts will be in constant contact and collaboration with Master Data team, RTR, OTC (and other within the Shared Service Centre).
• Prepare reports in an accurate and timely manner
• Amend existing reports and create new reports through manipulation of data in Excel, Tableau and Power BI or using other system
• Support Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Closing process as well as Forecasting and some Budgeting activities (where applicable)
• System reconciliations and follow-up
• Provide ad hoc reporting & analysis
• Provide data and analytical input to support business planning initiatives
• Analyze data through reports and provide initial commentary on performance
• Support analysis of historical trends for the purposes of specific reporting requests, utilizing analytics to drive continuous improvement
• Present information in a coherent and logical way using PowerPoint and or/other tools
• Continuously and pro-actively drive process improvement, standartization and simplification
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the CoE and across the Business Units as required to support the execution of reporting activities
• Share knowledge with other analysts across the CoE to support continuous improvement and development
Requirements and Qualifications
• English – advanced level
• Degree level education in Business Studies, Finance or Information Systems (Ideal, not essential)
• Good understanding of financial systems & processes
• MS Office Skills, especially SharePoint, PowerPoint & Excel, (including pivot tables, charts etc.)
• ERP experience, preferably SAP (PR1, BO and BW)
• Experience using Tableau and or Power BI (Ideal, but not essential)
• Contribute to problem identification. Inform management of potential problems in a timely manner
• Structure large amounts of data into clear and concise (management) reports. Analyse financial reports (variance analysis, competitor analysis, etc.)
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills, responsibility and accountability
• Ability to work independently under pressure and meeting deadlines
• Post-qualification degree (ACA-CIMA/ACMA/ACCA) – ideal, but not essential
Our employee value proposition:
• Competitive Rewards & Compensation plan
• Social Benefits & Corporate discounts
• Recognition programs
• Career & Talent progression growth opportunities
• Excellent Health & Wellbeing conditions
• Modern and comfortable working environment & tools
• Hybrid & Flexible working
• Social activities and events
Coca-Cola Europacific Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. With a dedicated team of 33,200 people, serving customers in 29 countries, we make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 600 million people, including Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®. And we want a workforce as diverse as our products – with a culture that fosters belonging and inclusivity. One that enables everyone to be themselves, whatever their background or experience. From gender, age and ethnicity to sexual orientation and different abilities, we welcome people from all walks of life and empower unique perspectives. We recognize we’ve got some way to go, but we’ll get there with the support of our people. It’s them who drive our future growth.