Manager, IT Internal Controls
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® and Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people, growth and the reward that comes with it: the raw materials for success are right here. But still, success depends on our skilled management sharing thirst: a thirst for getting more and better from our people and systems, a thirst for pushing limits, and a thirst for the rigour and challenge of a fast moving business.
What you become a part of:
We are seeking a highly motivated IT Internal Control Manager to join our Corporate Internal Control Team. The IT Internal Control Manager will be specialized in IT risk assessments, design and implementation of SOX controls, controls automation, data analytics and controls performance monitoring. You will be the Business partner with the BPT and Finance Management teams to achieve operational, reporting and compliance objectives.
You will report to the IT Internal Controls Senior Manager.
One of the objectives is to assist the Corporate Controller, CFO, and Company Directors to ensure that CCEP’s financial statements are accurate and reliable and are compliant with all relevant regulations.
You will be focused on:
Maintaining the Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) environment across CCEP.Key activities include:
- Identify and assess IT specific risks, designing and implementing efficient and effective IT controls to mitigate these risks.
- Identify potential automations using Data Analytics or RPA (Robot Process Automation) for the SOX manual controls.
- Ensure that CCEP’s financial statements are accurate and reliable and are compliant with relevant regulation (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley Act, UK Companies Act, U.K. Corporate Governance Code, IFRS). This requires designing, implementing IT SOX controls and automate controls.
- Support key transition projects that have a significant impact on our IT environment to ensure that any key commercial / operational and compliance risks are identified, assessed, and monitored.
- Support timely and effective remediation of control deficiencies
- Liaise with key stakeholders – e.g. Audit Services, SOX PMO team, Shared Service Centre, IT Leadership.
Support transition activities. Key activities include:
- Execute the IT Internal Control (IC) strategy as defined by the IT Senior Manager and Director of the team. The strategy will incorporate all BU’s and the Shared Service Centre and will be based on the key components of the COSO framework:
- Reporting / Financial; ensuring that CCEP is compliant with relevant Internal Control (IC) legislation including the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX). The team will identify and assess financial risk, design and implement ICs, maintain the IC framework, monitor ICs and ensure timely and effective remediation of ineffective ICs (identified through Internal Audit reports, SOX 404 testing or other).
- Operational / Commercial; collaborating with CCEP’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team and the Business Unit to support with the identification and assessment of key operational or commercial risks and when appropriate (depending on risk appetite) assist with the design and implementation of ICs to support Managements goals.
- Compliance; collaborating with CCEP’s Ethics & Compliance (E&C) team to assist with identifying and assessing compliance risk and implementing ICs when necessary.
- Collaborate with Senior IT Leadership across CCEP to promote a culture of control compliance and to build the brand of the Risk and Control team;
- Manage the relationship with the IT, Internal Audit, E&Y teams; and
- Assist with the identification of areas of improvement and implement changes to address these. E.g. introduce new technologies and staying abreast of any changes in legislation;
What we expect from you:
- University degree in computer science, business informatics, business management, accounting, or finance.
- Fluent in English
- Professional qualification in accounting or IT (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA, CISA or equivalent) preferred
- 5+ years of experience in corporate functions that involve IT internal controls over financial reporting, or similar experience that involves risk assessments and developing mitigation plans (e.g. consulting, internal/public auditing)
- Experience in implementing the COSO framework principles is a plus.
- Experience within an Internal Control ,Internal Audit function or Big 4 is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP ECC, HANA S4 and SAP GRC is preferred
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley, the COSO Framework, and related IT internal control procedures and audit methodologies
- Experience performing IT risk assessments;
- Experience working with Data analytics tools, auditing complex ERP’s and GRC solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to control implementation
- Understanding of the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) market
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good networking and collaboration skills, particularly with Senior Leaders across different cultures
- Customer focused
- Demonstrates strong ethical character
- Drives performance, efficiency & effectiveness
- Influences stakeholders to achieve goals
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Occasional travel required (30%)