See how our Sustainability Action Plan is using our business and brands to build a better future for the planet and its people.
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
We are now looking for a Commercial Reporting Manager to join our Northern European Commercial Reporting Team. Reporting to the NEBU Commercial Reporting Senior Manager, this role will provide leadership and expertise to the NEBU Commercial Reporting team overlooking markets of Sweden and Norway. The role sits alongside reporting teams for CCEP’s other Business Units and offers an opportunity to work within a high-performing team focused on providing of timely and quality standard management and operations reporting, ad-hoc analysis and design of new reports.
The successful candidate will combine strong analytical skills, commercial curiosity and people management experience with the ability to collaborate effectively and drive efficiency. Together with the team of Commercial Reporting Analysts he/she will provide insightful, accurate and timely performance reporting and analysis to their stakeholders to support the decision making process and to ultimately accelerate business performance for CCEP.
Team and performance management
• Manage the business-as-usual output from the Commercial Reporting Analysts Team to ensure it meets the requirements in terms of quality, content and time of delivery. Manage and schedule output in relation to new demand and projects.
• Ensure accuracy of data for reporting, associated chart of accounts and master data hierarchies; monitor and evaluate data quality through periodic review.
• Provide leadership and motivation to the team, being a role model for CCEP values.
• Promote teamwork and collaboration, encouraging a highly motivating environment within the ERC.
• Provide opportunities to team members to help them grow and develop their potential for future roles.
Reporting, Analysis and Data management
• Prepare and distribute complex reports for key stakeholders in MS Excel, SAP Analysis for Office, Salesforce or BI tools. Perform data analysis and process insights requests.
• Support the commercial processes for the respective BU of responsibility – month-end closing, forecast, budget, weekly and daily reporting (where applicable).
• Respond to stakeholders requests in an efficient and timely manner providing quality output.
• Proactively monitor system performance, report availability, report usage and data refresh schedule to ensure that the business has uninterrupted access to reports that contain timely and accurate information. Act on issues resolution.
Relationship Management and Continuous Improvement
• Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support the execution of reporting activities and resolving of any reporting and data issues.
• Perform internal training on the reporting applications to Enterprise Reporting Centre (ERC) staff and end-users in the business where required.
• Provide insights and proposals on process and reporting improvement, standardization and simplification within his / her area of expertise.
• Support local projects for Sweden and Norway from an ERC perspective.
• Commercial teams in the NEBU (Strategy and Insights, Commercial Development, Field Sales, Key Accounts Management, RGM, Vending)
• Other – Finance, IT, Master Data
• 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a dynamic environment like a multinational organization or a Shared Services Centre
• People management experience, incl. coaching, developing direct reports and handling performance issues
• CRM experience, preferably Salesforce (ideal, not essential)
• Degree level education in Business Studies, Finance or Information Systems
• MS Office Suite Skills, especially Excel (including pivot tables, charts etc.), PowerPoint - Advanced
• Salesforce (or other CRM tool) – Basic/Intermediate
• ERP experience, preferably SAP – Basic/Intermediate
• BI Tools – Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects – Basic (optional)
• Other – SAP Analysis for office add-in (optional)
• Understanding the sales processes and the route to market / FMCG specifics
• Understanding the commercial environment and needs of relevant stakeholders
• Analytical skills
• Customer-oriented mindset
• Structured and organized
• Adaptability and flexibility
We value a diverse workforce and welcome you to apply regardless of gender, age or ethnicity.
We offer you an international workplace with a focus on sustainability throughout our business. Personal development through training, salaries according to market range, pension and of course the possibility to drink as much as you like of our beverages when working.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
You may join for the brand but you stay for the people!