See how our Sustainability Action Plan is using our business and brands to build a better future for the planet and its people.
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
As of January 2021, United Kingdom will go out of the Single European Market and its customs territory, and borders for people and goods will be established. CCEP will be largely impacted due to large volumes of goods being moved cross-border between United Kingdom and the European Union, increasing significantly the number of customs transactions. This job role would ensure sufficient and timely support of the customs team to CCEP group in its cross border flows, cost analysis and modelling, Working capital opportunities identification and process streamlining.
1) Support the import/export process following written instructions and checking SAP data/ supplier invoices for all required data fields for import/export declaration filing (commodity code, weight, origin, etc.).
2) Support customs agents by sending instructions to pre-lodge the export declaration which will safeguard on delays based on CCEP pro-forma invoices issued.
3) Support customs agents by sending import instructions and freight costs applicable for valuation of customs duties (according to pre-determined table).
4) Monitor generic email inbox where 3rd party suppliers have been instructed to provide CCEP with all import paperwork and export documentation. Review and assess if what the 3rd party suppliers have sent is sufficient for customs agents to undertake the import process in UK / EU.
5) Coordinate between hauliers and customs agent on movement reference number provision to ensure the goods flow can progress.
6) Fill in additional queries, e.g. missing commodity codes, valuation, origin queries, etc. CCEP customs professional resource will need a good understanding of customs to determine these fields accurately and compliantly since they will impact the duty position. KPMG training will be provided to assist this.
7) Review at least 10% of export and import declarations filed to check for under or over payments in duty and import VAT, any non-compliance and potential retrospective or prospective duty saving or reclaims.
8) Manage the import / export process to ensure delays are minimized and the business is compliant.
9) Support the customs team in financial analytics, reconciliations, planning and various projects as needed.
10) Support the customs team in internal and external audit queries.
Internal: Various departments within each CCEP BU and the SSC, and central functions, internal auditors
External: Customs authorities, customs agents, third party suppliers & customers, hauliers, external auditors
Minimum 1 year of tax or financial background
Experience in customs matters is an asset
A university degree in tax, finance or business-related area
MS Office Skills, especially SharePoint, PowerPoint & Excel, (including pivot tables, charts etc.)
ERP experience, preferably SAP
English – Advanced level
Good understanding of customs and/or tax-related processes
Ability to cope well under time pressure, timely meeting deadlines
Good problem-solving skills
We value a diverse workforce and welcome you to apply regardless of gender, age or ethnicity.
We offer you an international workplace with a focus on sustainability throughout our business. Personal development through training, salaries according to market range, pension and of course the possibility to drink as much as you like of our beverages when working.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
You may join for the brand but you stay for the people!