Senior Manager, Security Operations
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
What you become part of:
You will be responsible for the implementation of the Security Operations strategy aligned with the CCEP IT strategy. You will ensure continuous improvement and assurance of stable, reliable and cost-efficient IT Security Operations. You will also support the delivery of IT Security Operations through a combination of process and technical expertise as well as play an active role in reducing Cyber risk at CCEP. You will support the Security Operations function through continuous collaboration with all other IT teams and take a lead role in mplementing the CCEP culture and values.
What to expect:
- Supporting the Implementation of the IT strategy defined by the CISO within IT Security Operations.
- Responsible for stable, efficient and effective service delivery operations for IT Security Operations
- Supporting the implementation of the future sourcing strategy for Security Operations
- Enable CCEP to meet regulatory and corporate policy compliance
- Optimize and continuously improve service delivery of IT Security Services support (quality, speed, cost) across all the territories
- Develop and implement significant quality and performance indicators
- Manage and control service providers to deliver the sourced services according to agreed SLAs / OLAs
- Challenge third party partners to ensure continuous improvement of their services
- Take ownership for IT Security KPI’s
- Perform Project Management for new technologies and processes being introduced to Security Operations
- Collaborate with, and advise the Service Delivery team and internal CCEP stakeholders on IT Security related matters
Skills & Essentials:
- University degree in computer science, business informatics, business management or comparable course of studies.
- IT Security related certifications
- Proven experience in IT/ IT service operations (minimum 5 years) or Business management including roles involving project and cross-functional remit
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT Security Services processes & technologies
- Tangible experience of relationships with other IT and business leaders, stakeholders and 3rd party support partners
- Experience of working in a Matrix organization
- Project Management experience and comprehensive knowledge of CCEP’s IT methodology
- Experience in Risk management and mitigating plans, assessing and evaluating different levels of risks
- Solid understanding of infrastructure designs; including cloud infrastructures, routing, firewalls, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, Active Directory, DNS, proxy technologies, malware protection etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Knowledge and experience of vulnerability management processes and tools
- Knowledge and experience of security logging/monitoring processes and tools
- Incident Management analysis, detection and responding to security events
- High level influencing and challenging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be required to be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Strong cross-cultural leadership skills and cultural empathy
- Advanced experience in cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration
- Strong service-orientation
- Willing to undertake business travels, mainly within Europe